22 November 2006

How to run a marathon in 4 weeks?!

Well thats what I am trying to find.

Just at the blink of an eye , I decided to run one of those marathon (originally 4 miles) races in NY city (organized by NYRR.org). I know it is a big hurdle for me to cross...My husband seeing my enthu told he also wanted to do it..

To start with, we ran to a park which was 1 mile from our home..I could not even run few blocks from my house...That was the day I realized that I am not really very fit compared to the thousands of those who will run this marathon. . I decided to work on it.

On the week following my first outing, I started jogging slowly and I took 4 breaks during my run of 2 miles. My husband was doing those miles without much effort compared to me.
But the good news is now I can run 2 miles..

So what? I thought I would run 2 miles and walk the other 2miles of the race :-)

This week an email came from the NYRR announcing that they changed the race distance to 5 miles ! Oh my god, I donno how I am going to do that.

My husband came up with a chart. Increase 0.25 miles to the distance I run everyday till 1st dec. Either I walk or run, I need to do it.

So thats a commitment I am making to myself. Hope I can do it.

6 comments:

Shanthi said...

you can sweetie : )

we are all as much excites as u regarding this maranthon :D

All the very best ! Enjoy it !!

Anonymous said...

Good job, ok here is a blog I found, go take a look

http://manoharm.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I guess you can do it with your determination. All the very best.

- Subha

Balaji S Rajan said...

I love running just because of this kind of determination it helps us to build. Increase your distance slowly and you can build your stamina too. You will really wonder after sometime. Apart from physical ability it is the will power that you can do it.

Keep it up and good luck.

Anonymous said...

You will definitely make it . You always had that will power. It always happened - when you took something to your heart, you had never failed to reach the goal.

All the best.

Loga said...

All
Thanks for the support and encouragement