20 November 2009

Dear Appu,

{A year is over and Long days and sleepless nights are behind me…My little boy has grown into a cute toddler}



Not a day goes by without thinking about you. I was not even 1% ready for you, unlike other women who imagine how their baby would be..All I was thinking about a year back was travelling back to India..Silly me.. You were so small when I carried you first. I was even scared to carry you…I was not even mentally prepared or confident about taking care of you well. You were so good and calm that you helped me to learn the tricks and take care of you were as cheerful as a baby gets… I could not help but thank and reminisce how you were like a perfect doll in when we took a 27 hour flight back to India even when you were only 2 months old….I am sure you are not going to be as nice today ;-)…From the day 1 in India, It was like a swirl, I did not know what I did but you were growing and teaching me…You took all the travel nicely - be it train or car or auto..The day you first rolled over..The day you first tried to crawl..The day you had your first taste of solids..The day we helped you to sit..The day we bought walker for you…The day you started saying thatha..The day you started to smile and wave bye bye..All are locked in my pleasant memories forever…And suddenly I realize a whole 1 year is complete with you becoming a little toddler who strives to walk steadily..I could not control my surprise and happiness when you start walking …taking one small step at a time…But you becoming a person of your own makes me fear that our bond is slowly widening and you walking away further..

I pray and wish you a very happy life. I wish you loads and loads of freedom for you to grow beyond boundaries..Everybody says I am lucky and blessed to get such a cheerful boy…I know I am and I always love you

Yours
Amma




5 comments:

Daisy said...

such a sweet letter.. My eyes teared up reading this ( blame the preg hormone !!)..

We remember how sweet Eshu pappa was when he was born.. even with all that activity around , for your packing moving etc on the last day..he used to be content just looking at those two blue baloons..
We miss him a lot you know ( and u guys) :)

love to the little one.. do send pics of the bday celebs.

Bhuvana said...

He is too cute. I have said several times, but once again he is a clone of you. Saw him when he was very small. wishing to see him again :-)
Cake is also looking great and the taste was also awesome as i had the privilege to taste ur preparation.

CB said...

Wow..he has grown up a lot..n started walking too...nice to see his pic and ur cake fr the cute one.
Belated wishes to eshvar :)

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday wishes to Eshvar :)

-Shanthi

shubs said...

Loga Amma,

very well-written letter to your loved one and happy to read this.

Am very proud of you managing things soo well.

Keep going strong.