30 January 2007

What a weekend it was!

It has been more than a month since I found anything interesting to blog. Life was busy and usual until this weekend. All the fun started on Thursday when my husband’s friends visited us. It is one of the best weekends I have had here in USA in the last 1 1/2 years !

I prepared home food for the guests - dosa, potato curry & rasam, adai, idli/thakkali kichadi, bread/omlet and even my husband prepared chicken one day for his friends. In effect, I tried to play host like my mom (but I realised I am light years behind her when it comes to playing host). Hope everyone enjoyed my cooking.

All of us had tons of good time played cards with set of 9 people, eating out, chinese chequers and just plain talking about anything that is nothing :-)

We played the card game "Bluff"and whenever my husband played for some body else, they happen to lose in the game :-p Then we started playing Chinese checkers it was an engaging game. With everyone playing both offensive and defensive/block strategies and all the small talk while the game was on really got everyone excited.

On the whole, a memorable weekend and good to meet a bunch of new & nice folks. Would love to do this again.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Menu is inviting!!!

Next time include 'Thaayapaas' or 'Thayakattai'!!

Wish you more such types of fun!

- Subha

Balaji S Rajan said...

Wow.... It will be nice of you if you could change your house near ours to play host. We are sick of playing host and would like to be guest. Who will not be tempted with the kind of food you have made and the best of all playing 'Bluff'. I am a good bluff master and I still remember my cousins getting fooled by me whenever I played bluff. Hmmm....those old good days. I shall be blogging soon... Thanks for your encouragement.

Mohanraj C Periyasamy said...

So you gotta see the "gujalians" in action. No wonder you had great fun. Did they talk about the political stunts/maneuvers during their college days?

Actually we talked to few of them when you were asleep last week :-D

Anonymous said...

Hi Loga, params and u were definitely great host-hostess, we had a lot of fun and a great time. looking forward for more such get togethers. We too are eager to play the host when u ppl are free :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Had a great time. You guys are great hosts.

Loga said...

subha
serthuta pochuu :-), nee varumbothu vilyadividuvom :-)


Balaji
kandippa if we are near by we would :-)...Bluff, I think I need to learn few tricks :-)

Mohan
ella timeum colege stunts pathi thaan pesitu iruthangaaa..it was fun to hear :-)

Kamala
we'll do it at ur home next time :-)

Vasanth
Thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

hey cool template you got here now!
-Subha

Shanthi said...

oi pudhu template, jolly weekend, pudhu hair style...
wish to meet u soon sweetie pie :D

Niraimathi said...

Loga the template is really cool.... I would like to be your guest soon :) :) :) playing bluff in cards really kindles my childhood memories... I learnt it from my staff during our trip to lucknow.... My Mom will play bluff truthfully... she will never lie ...that was really great fun.....

And as Subha says, Thayabaas is one very interesting game which will keep you occupied for atleast 1.5 hours :) I love that game... that too to play with all aunties in my neighbourhood will be real fun...

Wishing you to get more fun-filled weekends like this with friends and family :)

Shanthi said...

hey what is this isnaini.com ?

Loga said...

Subha
Thanx. :-)

Shanthi
Will meet u soon, isnaini.com is where I chose the template and did modifications.

Nirai
Sure, thayam is a nice game, i play when i am at cuddalore

Anonymous said...

I know its very late to comment. But better late than never.

Ur new template is good. the cartoons / pictures are very nice :-)

Thayabaas is ultimately fun filled game when atleast 4 pll play....its been my favourite game in the recent past. I paly this every weekend when my cousin come home or whenn iam in their home.

Reaaly longing to taste ur cooking.