23 February 2007

What's in a name?

This story reminded me of an interesting event in my life..thought I should write it here

When I first heard my husband's name from my father as a prospective bridegroom
wink, I told my father that I don't like the name. I also told him that I cannot even think about creating a nick name out of it.My father promptly discarded my silly comment stating that "பையன் தான் பார்க்க முடியும் பெயரெல்லாம் ஒரு விஷயம் கிடையாது." Now I feel how silly It would have been If I took the name seriously smilesmile

4 comments:

Shanthi said...

dei un paer kooda appadithaanadaa ?

en paer kooda enakku karnaadagamaa thonum... adhaey maadhiri ellavanukkum thonunchunaa enna panna mudiyum !

: )

Naamaalaavadhu nalla paer vekkalaam... but lets hope the kids like it!

Anonymous said...

In my school days, there used be an teacher named ThayalNayaki...
Pasangalam kindal pannuvaanga..nangalum avanga kindal panrathe keetu sirripom...

But now at this stage....ya we think that all that we made during those days are very silly....

Paavam andha teacher ippo enge irrukangalo...she is very soft nature...

Loga said...

shanthi
I did not think like that, i like my name for lots of reasons :),
Ur name is nice , i like that name, my chithi's name is also the same :)

bhu
yes, we have also made fun of lots of names, guess thats the part of game :)

Shanthi said...

hey u like ur name ? i thought u like being called Asha !

ur chithi has my full name ? never met someone with my name !