24 May 2008

Birthday time :-)

Every Year on this day, I get on full swing to make cake for You-know-Who :-)

This year, I fast-forwarded his birthday 2 days so that we can celebrate with my amma and sister before they return back to India. With my new cake decorating skills, I grew in confidence to bake a 3D cake...As car is one of his favorite items, I chose a 3D cruiser cake.

I baked the cake day before yesterday. Since the cake was big, it took around 1 hour to bake and more than 5 hours to cool! Yesterday morning, it took 2 hours for me to decorate it with home-made icing...Thats the cake below.


The cream was real yummy and everyone loved it :-) We all had a fun evening yesterday
In retrospect, I should have made a red car for him as he is a Ferrari supporter. Anyway, I tried out my favi color :-)
And I am smiling ear to ear seeing it come out very well :-)
Happy birthday Dear Param :-)

17 comments:

Bargavi Karthik said...

My b'day wishes to Param!!And cake has come out so well:))

Mohanraj C Periyasamy said...

I thought param is a KIMI supporter rather Ferrari :-)

Anyway the car look like a BMW mini (you may have got influenced by your likes) :-D

I am going to send you two good snaps of YOU-KNOW-WHO...

Anonymous said...

Logs,

kalakkita po. 3D and home made icing n all! Nalla vandiruku.

Happy birthday to Param:-)

Subha

By Deepa and Supriya said...

hi there,
thanks for stopping by my blog and honestly that's such a sooper cool cake..mybe ill check with u next time i want to bake one..i am yet to read other posts in ur blog, but i assume, u baked it for the hubby?
happy b'day to him!

Loga said...

Mohan,
I know I should have written "As his favi driver drives for Ferrari" but too lazy ;-)..wanted to do something like Mini :-)

All
Thanks :-)

Loga said...

Orchid
Thanks for stopping by :-)

surbhi said...

The cake looks AWESOME!
You've become quite a professional :)
Best wishes to Param :D

Anonymous said...

The cake is superb.
The icing is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Happy B'day to Param :-)
CAke is looking fantastic !

Anonymous said...

Thanks folks for your wishes!

Asha - Thanks for celebrating this day ;)

Param

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Param! Your wife is a superb baker now :)

Anonymous said...

hey loga,
kakala irukku cake :)
Wow...i am really getting motivated to learn to bake cakes :)

belated wishes param..

shuba
:)

Anonymous said...

I am just catching up on my blog reading...

Fantastic cake.

Loga said...

Chithi
Thanks, It feels great to get such words from u :-)

Shubhs
Thanks a lot

Vasanth
Thanks

Loga said...

NC
thanks, Hope u r having great time at NY

Loga said...

NC

I meant India

Savani said...

What a beautiful cake? Is this the 3-d car pan? It looks amazing. It must have taken you forever to frost it!