06 May 2008

Super Busy days

My parents have arrived last week and Its kinda of Super-busy from then! They came 8 hours late as they missed a couple of their connection flights due to delay!! We were at the airport 2 hours earlier with WELCOME Balloon and kutti hand made gift for my sis...I was very happy to see them after a year. We told each other how much we have gained/lost weight and had the usual chit-chat all the way to our home. Everyone enjoyed the nice dinner I prepared for them ;-)

The next few days, we did pretty much nothing as they had jet lag... Anyway, after the couple of days, we took them to a Mexican Restaurant and they seem to enjoy the food (to my surprise) as they said Mexican is good :-) My mother has even become a fan of Star bucks! Then came the weekend and we went on a trip to do white-water rafting. The whole gang (9 ppl) drove up to South Fork American river @ Coloma, CA. We had a sumptuous picnic lunch under the shades of trees while chatting/pulling each other's legs...Was great fun (Will post the rafting pictures soon when we get it from the photographer).

Then the gang set out for the river rafting while I gave company to my parents. My sis was all excited to try it and so was Param. I am sure they had super fun in the water, while we 3 gossiped family stories sitting on a bench and had the whole park for ourselves.. After rafting we headed back and had a good dinner at Krung Thai restaurant (2 hours) ;-) My parents seemed to be able to try it as well (surprise, surprise!!).The whole trip was quite memorable for me , with great company and Saturday ended with most of us tired/sore for different reasons...:-)

We had planned to go for 17-mile drive on Sunday, but everybody was so tired that we dropped the idea and instead went to Kuruvi -Kuppai padam....I had made vegetable puff for evening Tiffin and we had it in theater - just like old times.. And so the Whole week finished so fast :-) Now I am waiting for this Friday when we will be on vacation for 10 days - on a Road trip to LA, San Diego, Las Vegas & Grand Canyon. More updates soon.

5 comments:

Shanthi said...

10 days vacation ?! cool !! take care but sweetie ! enjoy and have fun safely.

Daisy said...

so Kuruvi was kuppai-huh??? HD and I were feeling bad that we couldnt go on sat- since you and aunty wanted to go so badly.. sorry Logs

Bargavi Karthik said...

Happy Vacation!!Njoy Well:))

Balaji S Rajan said...

I am glad for you and could visualise the scene with Baloon at the airport. It should be a great pleasure for you and your husband to have parents and relatives from India. Have fun and have a good vacation. Enjoy!

Loga said...

Shanthi
Will take care

Daisy,
hey no probs at all,,was happy that we all did not go, i know u guys would have given me a dirty look after the movie :-) I had good fun the other day :-)

Baru
Thanks

Balaji
Thanks a lot !!..we are having fun :-)