29 September 2017

Some friendships never change.....

       Today was the day I will cherish in my memory for a longer time. A few friendships from college are very special to everyone and this one is indeed a  quite special to me ... 

      As I am travelling back home by auto I was thinking about the cute little friendships we have both shared since college ... coming to putting buckets in queue to book slots in the  bathroom to talking  to holding a book for reading .... we both were from different departments but still we had a unique bond ... after graduating we were the four job searchers who did not know anything about chennai and were not quite eloquent in speaking skills but as a team searched for a job so relentlessly... those days bring me back a bag full of memories - a few pleasant and a few unpleasant 

      Fast forwarding to now ...we got jobs , we got married , we had children we moved to different countries and we also came back home ...  life goes on and on and we were in our midst of daily challenges and problems that .... though we were few kilometres away we never made up time to meet but always wishing best for others in our heart..... 

     After 4 years today we made FINALLY a plan to meet ... but heavy sudden showers asked me to pull off my plan but this time I thought I will definitely meet her ... and then we met ...

The conversations started off from where it has stopped ... the personal stories , jokes , the  not so old memories all came like a wild stream ... that's the beauty of this friendship !! 

     Though the world is now a tiny ball and communications have grown leaps and  bounds, we both have not been a big fan of virtual communications ... we always have longed for these personal conversations - lady to lady talk sharing our interests, dreams, a few pulambals, interesting things that we try :-) 

I am so happy I made it a point to meet you ... my beloved friend 

And her little boy was all the time wondering the silly laughters that her mom and the other aunty shared ... and so responsible  that he himself arranged  thamboolam for me for her mom to talk 


Ending this note with a beautiful rangoli that she has drawn along with her father in law.







2 comments:

S said...

Awww. I suddenly had an urge to look up your blog and there are updates. Good to read the last two Logs. And I know who this friend is. Here is to your wonderful friendship. Cling.

Write more.

Daisy said...

I am reading your blog after a long time- happy to see updates :)

I also know who this ( our ) friend is - B?

But who is S?- I can guess- not so sure though..