29 January 2008

Darjeeling




A simple story between two sisters and an opportunist and how the two sisters make the best of themselves and their environment.

My most favorite character in this book was Aloka- the elder sis who is always generous to forgive the shortcoming of everyone around her, but doesn’t get the best she deserves. The way she transforms herself from a “beautiful daughter” to the “newspaper columnist” is what made me to finish reading this story.I have never visited Darjeeling but it is simply beautiful in the words of the author.

The book had a lots of tit bits about brewing a good cup of tea.I make myself a cup of tea every morning though I suck in making tea :(

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice that you are reviewing books lately.

I cant get myself to read a book, not even a ebook. :-(

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Nice one Asha!

Daisy said...

ooye.. nice reviews.. where can I get this book?

Shanthi said...

Hi da, you know these beauty parlor girls whom we see in chennai are all from darjleeng it seems.

Shanthi said...

Talking about tea i am reminded of our tea maker lloyd (his curse is it ?) and the way you wash tea mugs ;) ok ok total damage huh ?

Loga said...

Vasanth
Try audio books

Chithi
Thanks

Dharsini
Library than...Read it soon

Shanthi
hmm, No damage, Guess We learn with years , Anyhow i don't make bad tea as he did