04 February 2008

The Devil wears Prada

I liked the film "The Devil wears Prada", especially Miranda Priestley (the boss character) for her self esteem though she is not the protagonist in the movie. So thought I should read this book this weekend ...

After the book I didn't like Miranda much! What kind of a person makes a call from Paris to NY and asks the assistant to connect her to somebody in Paris?





Do add it to your book list :-)

Apart from that, this weekend we had a suprise get together at my friend's home. We had nice dinner and me/param played poker for the first time. We liked it :-) May be we would get our own poker set soon...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Loga,

I've watched the movie. Infact I became self conscious about the dressing part to work after I watched the movie.

I am thankful that many bosses are not like Miranda:-) Do I myself love to be one? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Poker is a kind a card game right. how is it diff from the others we play normally....

Daisy said...

happy that you enjoyed the game and the company- we did too. Yes - we shd do it more often..

Loga said...

Subha
I think I am still like old Andrea :-) nee antha mathri bossaga chanceyyy illai ;-)

Bhu
The rules are too long to list here, I myself am learning, Will teach you when you are at our home :-)

Dharsini
Sure Always a pleasure to have your company :-)