08 February 2008

My clean iPod :-)

This Monday, in a hurry I washed my jeans with my new iPod nano in it. (After reading this,I can hear my mother telling me "how many times did I tell you to check clothes before putting it in washing machine?").But It was too late when I realised it as the washing was over :-(

I was quite upset about it as I knew I was going to get the "You-break-everything-I-gift-you" look from Param. After googling, we came to know a lot of folks have been through the same ordeal.In most cases just letting the ipod dry/blow dry will do the trick. Hoping to revive it, he left the ipod in front of our a/c in heat mode for 3 full days while I was still fearing the worst. After getting the royal-dry sevice for 3 days, my iPod did come back to life when he connected it to my laptop. I am so happy and worry free :-) The new iPod Nano design is quite amazing :-)

In case your iPod is soaked,here's what I can tell you

Please do not panic
Please do not turn it ON or connect it to desktop immediately.
Allow to dry (preferably blow dry) for almost a week and then try to Power it up :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Google proved that its the best customer service agent yet again! Glad you could get back your ipod.

The first thing I do these days is plugging in the ipod onto the ipod speakers you gifted us as soon as I enter home That saves a blow dry :-)

Daisy said...

Logakka,
yes - the new nano is quite amazing.i got one form Prakahs for Diwali(yeah- I dont pass any festival/occasion without demanding a gift hehe).. happy that your ipod is back..

As the above commentor said- hail google !

PS:- I know- i should write a post soon... ahev been terribly busy @ work .. will write soon

Anonymous said...

Cool. Glad to know that the Nano can hold up a through cleaning. :-)

Loga said...

Subha
I am happy you liked it and yes Google really helps!!

Dharsini
Cool..should start bugging Param more often for gifts

Vasanth
True :-)