30 September 2008

Have been there....Done that

I worked hard my way thru school, did not bunk any classes at college (actually it was more of I could not bunk), was very honest daughter to my parents and got a job after months of hard work !!, At my first job, I did my very best only to quit it at the end to get married. I could have continued to live in Chennai after marriage and while him in NJ. I see lot of couples who do successful long distance. But being the girl I am, I wanted to live together after marriage. I never thought of how this would change my life. I decided to take life as it comes. I came here with no clue about what I am getting into…In fact I was not forced to move here but decide I wanted to enter the next stage of life… In retrospect, if it had decided to hold on to my old life, I am not so sure if I would have changed to what I am now …Living together definitely makes both persons to work for the relationship…


When I came here, I just stayed at home idly and did whatever new to me…like blogging…Then the impatient me applied for work permit. Surprisingly I got into the same kind of job I was doing back home. Life went on and when things were getting better we had to move to West coast and I quit again. Once again, I had the luck to get another job in my field at west coast where opportunities were very meager compared to east coast. That leaves you with the question why I am writing all this today….Now I am resigning again....Today is my last day at work! As I continue to wrap up my work, present my overall activities to team, submit all my expenses, return the test cars, delete my old mails, uninstall Google talk from my laptop, say Good bye to colleagues, I keep wondering how the next stage is going to be and how life is going to unfold … I know I will have my hands full with baby and moving back home–but will I work again?-At this point I do not know - I leave it to Future-Me :-)

With all these things going on, one thing that I want to write down here is the way friends/families annoy me whenever I talk about quitting my job. A few friends commented that I should quit working at least for few years and that I will not be doing justice to my kid if I start working sooner. I get it that I need a break and will not rush to work again. But advises from people who haven't quit once, folks who have had kids and continued to work, folks who have always put career before everything, folks who don’t want to become financially dependent, folks who haven't handled any serious relationships really irks me…..

Any way, coming back to what I feel, I will be restarting again with a clean slate just like I did 3 years ago when I came here…At that time, It was leaving behind parents, family, friends and job and no confidence me! Given the situation, I handled it pretty well. Now it is again leaving behind friends and job but a stronger me. So I am more optimistic with the future :-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Logs,

Can understand your sentiments with quitting. Soon to see the Future-You!

Good luck with everything.

Take care

Subha

Daisy said...

Good luck!! Will miss you :(

nostalgic chica said...

All the very best to you :)
Keep us posted.

Bargavi Karthik said...

All the very best..u'll get back to work soon and can very well balance both:)

rads said...

This is one time when you I can say "follow your heart" and mean it completely.

A baby's most precious time is the first 2 years. They NEVER EVER will come back. Jobs come and jobs go. But surely, you should do what works best for you. Ultimately, a happy woman makes a relaxed mom :)

Anonymous said...

Ya i could understand ur feelings.
Sure u wil have a bright future.
All the best:-)
Take care.

Anonymous said...

All the best.

Mohanraj C Periyasamy said...

Best of luck and enjoy the rest!

Anonymous said...

cud very well understand ur feelings at this stage. Wishing u the very best in every thing.

The last para is the real OPTIMISTIC !!!

Balaji S Rajan said...

I enjoyed each and every line of your post. I have been in similar situations in the past. you will get through. These are what we call as experiences.

Niraimathi said...

Hi Loga,

Your writing is almost like you speaking these words in front of me :) You've done great always in all roles and will continue doing so :) God gives His Best to special ppl like you :) So enjoy :)

luv, Nirai