04 September 2008

Today


Just when I see vinayagar chaturthi in calendar every year, I think of Tirunelveli days…Days When I had to get up early for Poojai, Days when I hear Seerkazhi Govindarajan singing "Vinayaganey Vinai theerpavaney" in nearby temple, Days when I get to eat sweets like kozhukkatai, ell urundai,sundal, sakkarai pongal and modhakam along with steaming idly/chutney .I guess almost all our festivals are associated with food and those memories. Days when we go to Kokkirakula pillayar kovil and pray (this is a pillayar on banks of thamiraparani, he sits on the river bank and Our families have been visiting this temple for years. It’s a favorite place for me and I have been going there every time I am going to start something new or big. The place gives me great inner peace.), Days I go to my chithi’s home and enjoy the food at her home…Days when we get blessings from elders...Things have changed a lot now and Still these memories are etched to my heart for ever…and once in a while I get to recreate them As far as I can and Today I wanted to celebrate my mentor’s birthday in a grander way


1 comment:

Shanthi said...

I was saying to my second b abt ur status message "Happy VC" :)