10 March 2008

My killer cake !

Few days back, I came to know about Wilton Cake Decorating classes in Michales and decided to try my hands with it...(ஆசை யாரை விட்டுச்சு). On my first day, when the teacher wanted to know why I joined the class, I told I wanted to make a decent cake :-) There are only 4 persons in our class and all of them are Indians! Out teacher asked us to prepare and bring a frosted cake for our 2nd class this Sunday! I did a joint cake making session with my friend on Saturday ;-) Just like the group study at college, we baked our cake together, prepared and frosted it as we liked. But our cake didn't get a good shape. To add more trouble, we prepared a thick frosting while our teacher had actually instructed to make it thin!! I learnt about these mistakes when I showed my cake to the teacher..I am glad alteast I learnt how not to make a cake & frosting till now !! Anyhow learning basic cake decorating techniques was interesting. See my class 2 cake decorating attempt in below picture !


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled in and just wanted to say hi. Good try, looks yummy.

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey not bad at all as you say. I liked the the way you have written "Luck" just in the 2nd class.

As you said, I feel its good to know how NOT to make something before knowing how to make them so we are not surprised.

Good try gal.

Subha
BTW send me the cake you bake for your last class :-)

Mohanraj C Periyasamy said...

Manchurian and then a killer cake! Wish I am a neighbor to you :-D

Daisy said...

yo! your cake very in the pic :).. I wanted to take a pic of my cake and post it too- was too embarrased to do it :)!dont worry! we will get there...

Loga said...

m
Thanks..BTW Saw your blog, will post more often in your comment section :-)

Subha
Thanks..I'll send u a decorated cake, when I do the decoration pretty well :-)

Mohan
I wish Param's friends stay near by..Maybe I think I'll meet you guys next year ...Anyhow trying different stuff happens once in a while ;-)

Daisy
We will do better next time :-)

Daisy said...

ok- I meant your cake looks very nice :) sorry abt the typo..

Anonymous said...

I meant the cake from your final lessons and am sure the decoration is going to be pretty good in that, what with all the enthu.

Shanthi said...

I too wank to play making cakes :(

happy for u dear :D

Loga said...

Daisy
Thanks

Subha
Thanks for trust...will try my best and send you one :-)

Shanthi
Thanks...Check out classes in your area soon

Diana said...

gud try!..... definitely gud for the first time!.... ;)

Anonymous said...

ur cake is mouth watering !
India varum bothu...kitchen killadiya varuvennu ninaikeren

Loga said...

di
Thanks

Bhu
naan eppadi cake panni unakku koduthalum neee sappidanum ok va ?

Anonymous said...

i am eagerly waiting to have ur cake and ur samayal

Loga said...

I'll do my best