08 March 2008

What do I want to become?

At an early age, all I dreamt was to become a teacher (may be a dance teacher)...I love to teach, even now.....Even while we were in college, I liked to explain subjects to my friends and help them with assignments. I have lots of good memories of those sessions ...I'll save that for another post. Even my FIL (who is a Retired Physics Professor) once commented that I am a better teacher than Param ... When somebody asks me to explain something I know, I explain it with full enthu and Param envies me for that ;-) But yes, I did not become a teacher...

When I came to US, I started using CNET and liked their reveiws...I even thought about applying for a job to become a phone reviewer ... Something in me told me to give it a shot...I still haven't figured out my first steps for applying or what they look for (in qualifications/experience). Yes, I didn't apply at all.

Nowadays I am impressed by HR dept colleagues :-) I like their busy schedule arranging travel, arranging facilities, arranging business cards, making hotel reservations and helping others.

So my career interest has changed from teacher->reviewer->HR while I am an Engineer ;-) How does that sound? I am still trying to figure out what I want to become!

4 comments:

Bargavi Karthik said...

u can even now decide and work out loga...it will give u satisfaction...

surbhi said...

its great that you keep an open mind to new opportunities. making that change may seem difficult, but it will bring you real joy in the long term. good luck :)

Loga said...

Orey thought process oditu irunthuchu..so wrote it down....anyhow I am not going to change anything drastically now :-)

NC,
I was jus thinking about lot of things I wish to do, so recorded it here which will be always a good reminder for me :-)

Shanthi said...

so bottomline as u said the other day to me - no job is bad... all jobs are interesting :)