07 March 2008

Life in fact has free lunches :-)

Today was one of those days when I overslept (by weekday standards ;-). As I was already late, I packed a quick lunch and started to office in a hurry.

Once I reached my office, I realized I had left my lunch bag at home! I was totally irritated as we don't have a cafeteria at our office. Now if I have to eat lunch, I have to go out which I don’t like as restaurants are not very near.

But I was surprised to see an email from one my colleagues that he had won a free lunch at a Mexican restaurant (after having our team name on the raffle) and so our entire team get a free lunch!! I was happy to see veggie burritos in his order ;-) So I got my veggie burrito lunch with coke & dessert.

Sometimes, there are free lunches in life !

6 comments:

Daisy said...

Really? free lunch? I though they give you a lecture about some financial company or the other at these things?

Anonymous said...

Loga,

Lucky Thursday it has been. Nice of your colleague to have ordered one that you would eat. Burritos - Sure you d have enjoyed it and dessert too? I am jealous.

I am reminded of one of our old lunch days (Not sure if you were around then.) We were craving to have Puri masala for lunch...we casually call Bhu at her extension and she says she has got Puris for lunch that day...Its a nice feeling la?

Anonymous said...

i too reminded of our v6 if see puri with potato masala.
I very much long for the Ispahani centre office's cafeteria. how much fun we had

by the way what is Burritos ? indian gals donno pa.

Loga said...

Daisy
I have no idea how he managed to get free lunch for 50 persons, no hidden agenda :-)

Subha
I think I was not there...but what u say is right..Half the time when I was in chennai I would be craving for Bhel puri and would get it also most of the times :-)

Bhu
Burrito perisa onum illai, Its like chappati roll with all veggies,cheese and sour cream

Shanthi said...

Hey Subha i remember bhu opening takkunnu to show that she has got the puri masala u wanted :D

oppositely they took me to lunch outside and i am seriously praying that they should not take me to lunch outside.... cheese penne... No more italian for me!

Anonymous said...

Well said.