04 April 2006

Early bird Or Night bird ?

"Early to bed and early to rise
makes Jack healthy, wealthy & wise"

This is what my father used to say in the mornings when I refused to get up from the bed.
I always like to work/study at nights.I can stay awake until 3 am, but If I need to get up at 3 am , its the most irritating activity for me.Though I love the slight chillinesss of mornings , I love the morning sleep more..kaalaiyil poorvaikkuL thungkuRa sugam irukkee...koodi koduththaalum kidaikkaathu...

I used to be always a night owl during school and college...study when everybody is sleeping. The deep silence of night is also wonderful time to study, but my father used to say the productivity is more during early hours, U can study fast.I used to set alarms at night like the father's girl, Goddamn I hate them when they scream ,breaking the silence of mornings.I used to hit the snooze button hard and me back to my sleep.This would continue the next day also...Old habits die hard, isnt it ...thats the exact justification I used to give!!!

Are u all early riser or night bird?

6 comments:

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Congrats on your new job. Have you started driving? Which company will you be working for.

I can never stay up late to study, I can get up after a couple of hours sleep and study early morning. I totally agree with your dad

Shanthi said...

when there is a need like exams or some thing to catch up with i can be both a night bird and early riser !!! enga collegukku bus pudikka 5.30 we should get up!

normally i wish to go to bed atleast at 11 and nowadays wake up at 7. both are not kind of normal though : )

should try to go to bed at 10 and wake-up at 6 :)

i get amazed at ppl who get up at 5 everyday - hsubha ? wish i can do that again soon...

shubs said...

ha..ha..ha...shanthi..sounds very funny or rather a distant dream to me now,getting up by 5am!!I have become a lazy gooose!!!sleeping till 7:45!that too bcoz i have to get up and prepare breakfast for my husband!

need to get back to my useful self!i think i would be pushed too..once i join office!!

Anonymous said...

i too prefer only to be early bird.
surusurupu comes only if u get up early.. if i get up at around 11. a.m i will feel as though that entire day has gone.

Loga said...

chithi,
thank u...mailed u in detail...so another early riser !!!

shanthi,
all the best for ur try

shubs,
u would be once u join work...no other go !!!

bhu
i know u r an early riser!!!

monu said...

i like studying in the early morning
but i sleep like a log on holidays!
:)

so am bit of both!